Admission requirements include:
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution. Official transcripts are required for Formal Admission.
- Passing results from the AEPA (Arizona Educator Proficiency Assessment)/NES (National Evaluation Series) in the content area for which you are being hired. This is not required for K-12 Special Education.
- Arizona Department of Education application for “Alternative Teaching Certificate” cost is $60 per content area (including adding Middle Grade content to any Secondary content area).
- Completion of two letters of recommendation.
- IVP Fingerprint clearance.
- All Rio Salado College EDU courses must meet an overall GPA of 3.0 to move from semester to semester. Courses transferred into the TIR program count towards this calculation. Courses with a "D" or "F" must be retaken regardless of GPA.
- Employment verification from an approved school district, public charter or private school.