All potential teacher candidates wishing to enroll in the traditional post baccalaureate program are required to complete an application to enroll into the program. Applications must be submitted two weeks prior to their intended start date.
Applications are being accepted now.
Level I: Traditional Program Application requirements include:
- Application Checklist - Use this to ensure that you have completed all the requirements for application.
- Traditional Post Baccalaureate Application - Should only be submitted after you have obtained your IVP fingerprint clearance or equivalent and requested Official Bachelor’s degree transcripts be sent directly to Rio Salado by the degree granting institution.
- Transcript Evaluation Form – To be used only if you have EDU coursework that is no older than ten years.
- Teacher Waiver Form – Non Resident (PDF) – Please read and sign accordingly if you have resided in Arizona for less than one year or your Arizona ID issue date is less than one year. Follow directions on the next page.
- Maximum Time Frame Appeal (PDF) – Please read and sign accordingly, if seeking financial aid.
- CAP - Planning Tool – Please map out your courses using this tool to assist in completing your program in a timely manner. For assistance in completing the CAP for please schedule a time to meet with a Rio Salado Staff member
Students formally apply to Level II methods courses of the Educator Preparation Program after successfully completing all Level I foundations coursework. Formal approval is required for all students seeking to enroll in Level II methods coursework and student teaching and/or Early Childhood internships. All students must elect to complete student teaching or waive student teaching once all Level II formal application requirements have been met.
Option 1: Formal Application into Level II
- Applications must be received at least six months prior to the anticipated student teaching start date.
- Applicants must hold an overall 3.0 GPA or better in all Educator Preparation Program coursework. Course grades must be C or better. Final grades of D or F must have been retaken successfully.
- Applications must submit a passing score report for the appropriate Subject Knowledge AEPA/NES exam. Information and registration for the AEPA is available at: aepa.nesinc.com/. Exception: Special Education: Mild to Moderate Program does not require a passing subject knowledge exam
If all Level II Application requirements have been met, submit the Student Teaching Placement Request via the Online Field Experience Request portal.
Upon acceptance into Level II, you will be provided clearance to registering for Level II courses.
Option 2: Student Teaching Waiver Acknowledgment Form
This Option is only for Traditional Post Baccalaureate students.
For certification, the Arizona Department of Education will allow two years of verified full-time teaching experience in the appropriate grade/subject levels to substitute for student teaching. If you have two years of verified teaching experience and intend on waiving student teaching, you need to submit an online Student Teaching Waiver Acknowledgment via the Online Field Experience Request portal. When you have successfully submitted the Student Teaching Waiver Acknowledgment, you will be provided Level II clearance and can register for your Level II courses.