Maybe you’ve felt the urge to start a business your whole life. Maybe you decided to be your own boss just recently. Either way, if you have the spirit of entrepreneurship, consider enrolling in our Entrepreneurial Studies program to get started on the right foot. Upon completion of this program, you will be equipped with the skills necessary to run a successful small business.
Our experienced instructors will teach you how to develop, pitch, and execute your ideas — be it for a product or small business. You’ll learn how to create a preliminary business plan, evaluate different start-up opportunities, assess an opportunity’s financial feasibility, and build the first steps in starting a thriving company. You’ll also learn about entrepreneurship concepts, running a small business, and the impact of entrepreneurship on society.
Make it happen. Begin your journey with our Entrepreneurial Studies program today.
Students at any Maricopa Community College may need to complete courses at more than one of our colleges.
- Flexible Start Dates: You can start almost every Monday of the year - so you can begin class on your schedule.
- Accommodating Course Format: Classes are delivered online - allowing you to schedule time for classwork around your work and family commitments.
- Textbook Options: Most classes have low-cost rental options for textbooks. Some courses use open-educational resources (OER), which correlates to no textbook cost for students.
- Free Tutoring: At Rio, we offer free, online tutoring to offer you additional support.
- 24/7 Helpdesks: Need help? We have help available 24/7.
- Experienced Faculty: Our faculty are successful entrepreneurs and forward thinkers. Our faculty are working professionals” with “who know their content and want to assist you in successfully completing your courses!
- High-quality courses: The content of our courses are developed by real entrepreneurs and help shape ideas to start an entrepreneurial journey.
Earn your Entrepreneurial Studies Certificate!
If you’ve ever dreamed of starting your own business, Rio Salado’s Certificate of Completion in Entrepreneurial Studies can help pave the way. This program is designed to equip you with the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities to own and operate your business. With as few as 18-19 credits, you can develop management and entrepreneurial thinking skills, learn how to create a business plan and steps to secure a healthy financial future, and research new venture legal issues, financial projections, and marketing to determine business feasibility.