When you're pursuing a degree or certificate at Rio Salado college, you will have an assigned academic advisor who specializes in your field of interest. Your advisor will be your main point of contact for selecting the academic program and courses to meet your goals.
Your Advisor’s Role
Throughout your Rio College experience, your assigned advisor can:
- Help you select the right courses to meet your program requirements.
- Refer you to college resources such as tutoring, financial aid, library services, etc.
- Discuss any prior college/university credits earned and how they fit into your current goals.
- Review appropriate university transfer options with you.
- Help you set reasonable goals each semester.
- Answer any questions you have.
Get Started on Your Guided Journey
Within 24 hours after your admission to the college, you will be assigned to an academic advisor by your field of interest.
- Log in to RioLearn.
- Your assigned academic advisor displays in the right column.
- See email and phone information for your assigned advisor. You can use the “schedule appointment” button to schedule a meeting with your advisor. The meeting can be done by phone, through Zoom, or online chat.
Prior College or University Credit
If you have successfully completed courses at other U.S. regionally accredited universities and colleges and/or ACE evaluated programs and would like to enroll in a Rio Salado class that requires a prerequisite click here. If you have prior college or university credits please have your official transcripts sent directly from your previous schools to the Admissions, Records, and Registration Department. This will start the process to see how your previous credits will transfer and apply to your program.
College Credit for Prior Learning
Learning acquired through, for example, work experience, independent study and non-credit courses can be evaluated for possible college credit.
Transfer to a University
Rio Salado credits seamlessly transfer to many colleges and universities throughout the U.S.