Are you fascinated with kinesiology and how the body’s muscle groups work together? Do you want to motivate and help transform people into better versions of themselves? Or do you want to help heal athletes from sports-related injuries? If you answered yes to any of these questions, consider joining the Exercise Science program.
We offer two different paths in the Exercise Science program — Pre-Physical Therapy and Health, Fitness, and Sports Performance. Pre-Physical Therapy prepares those who wish to specialize in exercise science and kinesiology — and can receive continued education to begin careers in exercise directing, exercise physiology, occupational therapy, and even sports medicine. The Health, Fitness, and Sports Performance path prepares students for entry-level personal training positions within health and fitness clubs, wellness centers, and public and private recreation facilities. Upon graduating with an associate in the Exercise Science: Health, Fitness, and Sports Performance program, you will be prepared for the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), and the American Council on Exercise (ACE) personal trainer certifications.
Make it happen! Get in motion today and enroll in our Exercise Science program.
Students at any Maricopa Community College may need to complete courses at more than one of our colleges.
|Foundations of Sports Medicine|
- Flexible Start Dates: You can start almost every Monday of the year - so you can begin class on your schedule.
- Accommodating Course Format: Classes are delivered online - allowing you to schedule time for classwork around your work and family commitments.
- Textbooks Options: Most classes have low-cost rental options for textbooks. Some courses use open-educational resources (OER), which correlates to no textbook cost for students.
- Free Tutoring: At Rio, we offer free, online tutoring to offer you additional support.
- 24/7 Helpdesks: Need help? We have help available 24/7.
- Experienced Faculty: Our faculty are working professionals who know their content and want to assist you in successfully completing your courses!