Broadband Telecommunications: Field Operations
Attention: This program is offered through an educational partnership. Employment by the partnership organization is required for admission. If you are interested in a career with this employer, click here for current job opportunities.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Broadband Telecommunications: Field Operations program is designed to provide students with training required for employment in the broadband telecommunications industry. Courses focus on field operations in the various areas of broadband telecommunications including drop service initiation, planning, and maintenance as well as high speed internet procedures.
This program is offered through an educational partnership. Employment by the partnership organization is required for admission.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses within the program.
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
- Explain drop connection procedures. (TLT142, TLT144)
- Complete customer cable digital video signal reception establishment procedures. (TLT142, TLT143, TLT144)
- Practice planning and installation procedures for Community Antenna Television (CATV) service to a customer address. (TLT142, TLT143, TLT144)
- Explain basic CATV system operation information. (TLT142, TLT143, TLT144)
- Demonstrate procedures for completing telephone network installation procedures. (TLT149
- . Explain component connection and basic electronics principles. (TLT149)
- Summarize various high speed internet products and services. (TLT162, TLT163)
- Demonstrate procedures for completing high speed internet installation and networking. (TLT162)
- Demonstrate navigation of operating systems and troubleshooting common problems and procedures. (TLT163)
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|TLT143||Digital Video Systems||2|
|TLT144||Drop Planning and Maintenance||2|
|TLT149||Digital Phone Network Installation||2|
|TLT162||High Speed Internet/Networking||3|
|TLT163||High Speed Internet Technical Training||2|
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.Read the official description