Maricopa Emergency Management System Alert

UPDATE:  Online courses continue as scheduled. Remote student services remain available. Some in-person student services are available by appointment only. Check here for the latest service hours and for additional updates.

Military Advisement

Rio Salado College is Dedicated to Serving You

Since 1978, Rio Salado College and its Military Advisement team has continued to extend a large welcome mat to the men and women in our Armed Forces, their spouses and dependents.

  • An array of online courses, degrees, certificates and pathways
  • Dedicated student services
  • University transfer assistance
  • Military Tuition Assistance (TA) eligible certificates/programs

With multiple start dates and a dedicated Military Advisement team, Rio Salado is primed to aid you in student success.

military welcome image
Visit your Branch Portals

Branch Portals


Transcript Evaluation

Transcript Evaluation

The use of Military Tuition Assistance (MiTA) and GI Bill® education benefits requires you to submit either an official or unofficial transcript from all colleges and universities that you have attended. 

 If previous education is credited to your degree plan, officials are required prior to Graduation. Please submit the Transcript Evaluation Form and attach your Joint Service Transcript or CCAF transcript, CLEP/DSST scores, and any college transcripts. If you have any questions please email or call 800-517-8590.

If you are interested in Teacher Education Programs and would like an evaluation of prior education courses and/or content area courses please use the Transcript Evaluation Form for Teacher Education Programs

Prerequisite Approval Process

Prerequisite Approval Process

Example of why students would require a Prerequisite approval:

BIO201 – Human Anatomy & Physiology Prerequisites: Grade of C or better in BIO156 or BIO156XT or BIO181 or BIO181XT or one year of high school biology (last five years) and RDG091 or higher or CRE101 eligibility by reading test score (Not English). CHM130 or higher or 1 yr of high school chemistry suggested but not required.

For example, you need CRE101 or eligibility, view these links:

Financial Options

Options for Paying for College

Whether you're Active, Guard, Reserve, Veteran, Spouse or Civilian, there's a financial option to meet your goals.

GI BillGI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. Government Website.