College and Career Success Classes
Rio Salado College offers classes that are geared to helping you be successful in your educational journey and preparing for your future career success. These classes provide tips to help you:
- Develop study plans
- Set personal and academic goals
- Identify personal interests to design your career plan
- Improve job search skills, including resume writing and job interviewing
- Improve awareness and appreciation of multiculturalism
|FYE 101||Introduction to College, Career, and Personal Success||1|
|FYE 103||Exploration of College, Career, and Personal Success||3|
|CPD102AC||Creative Job Hunting||2|
|CPD115||Creating College Success (equivalent to AAA115)||1|
|CPD150||Strategies For College Success||3|
|CPD160*||Introduction to Multiculturalism||3|
|CPD180*||Human Resilience: Cognitive, Emotional and Behavioral Applications||3|
|Click any of the above course #'s for detailed information and register for it today!|
Class Options Notes
- Beginning in the Fall 2022 semester, all new students will be required to take a First Year Experience (FYE) course. These courses are a degree requirement for Maricopa Community Colleges students who are beginning any degree or transfer program. To determine which course is the best fit for you, please visit https://www.maricopa.edu/first-year-experience
- CPD150 Strategies for College Success is a combination of CPD 115 and CPD 102AB. CPD 150 covers both college success and career exploration topics. CPD 115 is a College Success only course while CPD 102AB is only a Career Exploration course.
- *CPD160 transfers as a Cultural and Literacy requirement for Arizona State University. Prerequisites: A grade of "C" or better in ENG101 or ENG107, or instructor permission.
- *CPD180 transfers to Arizona State University to meet Social Behavioral Sciences (SB) requirements, Certified Resilience and Wellbeing Technician (C-RWT) and requirements for the Certified Resilience Professional (CRP) .