Adults Achieving a College Education (Adult ACE) Scholarship
Adult ACE is a two-year scholarship program supporting adult students who demonstrate a financial need by providing
- Scholarship funds for registration fees, materials, and tuition for up to 25 college credits
- Academic guidance throughout the program
- A clear academic plan aligned with the Language and Literary Culture of the USA academic certificate that includes general education credits applicable to many RSC and MCCCD certificate and associate degree programs
Students are encouraged but not required to complete the Language and Literary Culture of the USA certificate. Students complete all of their general education courses as a cohort in the in-person, online, or hybrid format, whichever is available.
- To qualify for this program, candidates need to: Attend an information session - in person or virtually
- Fill out an application and provide all supporting documents
- Be available to participate in evening virtual or in-person classes twice a week
Applications are reviewed and scored by a committee, and accepted students are notified via email.
For more information or to schedule an information session, email Adult.ACE@riosalado.edu.
Watch these videos to learn more about how this program can benefit you:
College Credit Pathway to High School Equivalency (HSE) Scholarship
Rio Salado College is pleased to announce a new scholarship opportunity for students who prefer to take college classes to earn their High School Equivalency (HSE) diploma as an alternative to passing GED® tests. The scholarship covers tuition, fees, and class materials.
This scholarship is for students who
- are interested in simultaneously earning a college degree and their HSE diploma,
- have a financial need,
- prefer not to take GED® tests,
- are self-disciplined and comfortable with taking classes online.
Additional scholarship information
Your scholarship team member and academic advisor will help you choose and enroll in the courses that meet the College Credit Pathway to HSE and your degree requirements to accelerate your academic progress. Students must earn a grade of C or better to maintain continuing scholarship funding.
The Arizona department of education requires
You to pass the Arizona Civics test and complete 25 college credits offered at Rio Salado College that best suit your academic journey. You will choose 100-level courses within general course areas:
|25 Required College Credits|
|Course Areas||Number of Credits|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences||3|
|Arizona Civics Test||Pass|
This Rio Salado College scholarship and College Credit Pathway to HSE is offered in partnership with the Arizona Department of Education.
For more information about the pathway: https://www.azed.gov/adultedservices/ccp
What are your next steps
- Step 1: Complete the Interest Form
- Step 2: Talk with a scholarship team member
- Step 3: Submit your completed scholarship application
- Step 4: Make a plan with your academic advisor
- Step 5: Start Classes
Rio Salado College offers scholarship and grant funding to support Adult Education students pursuing stackable credentials and careers in high-demand industries. Program staff help students evaluate their eligibility for scholarships and grants and navigate the college admission and enrollment process. For information on scholarships and assistance navigating college financial aid, college admission, and the enrollment process, please contact Adult Education staff at (480) 517-8110 or GEDinfo@riosalado.edu.