Computer Lab Policies
The Computer Labs have established the following policies to provide services to you in a fair and consistent manner:
- Only currently enrolled Rio students qualify for Computer Lab services at Rio Salado College.
- You must be currently enrolled in a Rio Salado College course.
- You must log into the computer using your MEID. (Maricopa Enterprise Identification)
- Services at the Computer Lab are on a "first come-first serve" basis; there may be times you have to wait to use a particular resource.
- All computer hardware and software must be used for academic purposes only.
- All lab software is copyright protected. Do not install software on any computers without previous authorization.
- Rio Salado College is not responsible for information accessed over the Internet and users are cautioned to use discretion. Please refer to the Technology Resource Standards for further information.
- Inappropriate or unacceptable computer use, such as non-course related chat rooms, gaming, or any behavior viewed as harassment or offensive to other students or staff may result in a loss of privileges.
- Computer sessions may be monitored; Rio Salado staff reserve the right to interrupt any inappropriate or unacceptable use.
- Computer Lab personnel are authorized to request all students/users to abide by these policies.
- No food or drink is allowed in the Computer Lab area.
- Silence your cell phone before entering the Computer Lab; cell phone use is not allowed in the lab.
- Computer Labs follow the District Child on Campus Policy.
- Printing must be related to Rio Salado College course work. Users are expected to be considerate of others and restrict printing to a maximum of ten pages at a time. The Computer Lab personnel reserve the right to stop/cancel any printing job.