Computer Labs FAQs
- The lab staff can:
- Assist students with basic computer guidance while working in the computer lab.
- Direct students to Rio’s resources.
- Assist with Microsoft Office course questions. Staff are not familiar with all Rio courses and are not experts in the software/hardware industry.
- The lab staff does not provide tutoring (one-on-one personal sessions) or provide step by step assistance with assignments, finals, or final projects that are submitted for grading. If you need assistance with a particular course, please contact the Tutoring department.
The Computer Labs are considered learning environments to allow students to complete their course work. Therefore, guests are not permitted.
- Bring any and all materials you will need to work on your course, like:
- Headphone/microphone set, if required for your course
- Removeable media device to save your work, if applicable
- Notebooks, paper, writing utensils
Computer usage is limited to the hours of operation for the lab location.
No. Any currently enrolled Rio Salado student can use the computer lab at no cost.
- Yes. There is public Wi-Fi available at all locations for use.
- Please refer to the Technology Resource Standards for further information.
Students are responsible for bringing their own textbooks.
- Per the policy, no food or drink is permitted.
- Please either leave drinks/food in your vehicle or finish drinking/eating before entering the lab.