Credit for Training and Certificates
Your certificate or license may be worth college credit! Current and former Rio Salado students are eligible to receive credit for certifications and licenses.
Applying for College Credit
- Check and verify that your certificate or license is on the Approved list to receive credit
- Complete the Credit for Prior Learning by Evaluation or Certification Form
- Submit all of the following:
- A copy of your certificate, license or transcript report
- The completed Credit for Prior Learning by Evaluation or Certification Form
You can deliver the materials in person to the Testing Department office in Tempe, email them to Testing.Riolearn@riosalado.edu or mail them to:
Rio Salado College Testing Department
2323 W. 14th St.
Tempe, Arizona 85281
- You will receive an email after we evaluate your certificate, license or transcript report. The credit will be posted to your official transcript. You can request a transcript here.
- Credit earned through Credit by Evaluation is transferable within the Maricopa Community Colleges. It is recommended that you check with your local college or university about credit transfer eligibility before you register for exams.
- $25 proctoring fee for exams administered by the Rio Salado Testing Department
- An administrative fee of $40 may be assessed for awarding the transfer credit. Please contact the Testing Center for further information
- Fees are non-refundable and subject to change without prior notice
- Fees are paid with certified funds cashier’s check or money order made payable to Rio Salado College when the Student Business Services office is not available to process your payment.