Testing Centers Procedures
Note: No exceptions are made to the following testing procedures (Please see client regulations for additional details regarding procedures for your specific exam. There may be deviations for non-Rio Salado exams):
- ID: You must have a current, valid and recognizable state or federal issued photo ID.
- Lockers: All materials and personal belongings must be secured in a locker, including drinks, phones, wallets, hats, sunglasses, watches, fitbits and jewelry. Any exceptions are noted on the directions of the exam.
- Gum: is not permitted in the testing center.
- Breaks: are determined by the type of exam.
- Scratch paper and pencils: Scratch paper and other materials are distributed according to the exam type. NO outside materials permitted.
- Timed tests: Rio Salado College midterm and final exams are timed. You may have up to 3 hours to complete the exam. Each section of the test may be timed separately; however, time does not roll over between sections. For other types of tests, check with the testing technician for time limits.
- Computer usage: Computers are only used for taking online exams. You may not visit any outside during your test. Doing so, would be considered an MCCCD Academic Misconduct.
- Time waiver: You acknowledge the Testing Center hours. Your exam must be submitted by the time the Testing Center closes regardless of your exam’s allotted time.
- Surrender all tests and materials: You must turn in all testing materials, including scratch paper, paper exams, formula packets to the Testing Technician/Proctor before you leave.
- Test monitoring: You will be monitored by a proctor and video surveillance.
- Disruptive behavior: Students acting in a disruptive manner will be asked to leave the testing room.
- No children allowed: For security reasons, children under the age of 18 years old are not allowed in the Testing Center.
MCCCD Administrative Regulation 2.4.10 Children on Campus Children (younger than 18) may not attend any class unless they are officially registered for the class. Children will not be allowed on campus unless participating in an authorized college program or under the supervision of an adult.
- Academic misconduct: You must adhere to MCCCD Academic Misconduct (AR 2.3.11) regulations that prohibit cheating. If you are suspected of academic misconduct, your exam will be voided and referred to your faculty chair for further review.
- Scores: Testing is not authorized to give guidance regarding scores received and/or advise on the next step of a current/potential area of study. Please consult with an academic advisor or counselor for guidance.
Students with Disabilities
If you have a documented disability and may require testing accommodations, register with Rio Salado’s Disability Services Office.