Gardening in Maricopa
Learn about organic gardening, sustainable food systems gardening and more with the resources on this page.
What's in Season?
Maricopa County Planting Calendar
View the Maricopa County Garden Planting Calendar for Annual Fruits and Vegetables provided by the University of Arizona Cooperative Extension.
- Learn about composting at Compostguide.com
- Composting at Home by the United States Environmental Protection Agency
- Desert Gardening For Beginners, How to Grow Vegetables, Flowers, and Herbs in an Arid Climate by Cathy Cromell, Linda A. Guy and Lucy K. Bradley
- Purchase this book for about $9 at the University of Arizona-Maricopa County Cooperative Extension building, 4341 E. Broadway Road, Phoenix, AZ 85040.
- You can also find copies to purchase on Saturdays at Singh Farms on Thomas and the Loop 101.
- Extreme Gardening: How to Grow Organic In The Hostile Deserts by David Owens
- This book is available in retail stores like Whole Foods, most book stores and online.
Note: All organizations listed above are not listed as an endorsement of their services and/or products. They are being provided as resources for reference only.