ACCUPLACER Next Generation is a suite of comprehensive, computerized, adaptive tests that determines your knowledge in English, reading and math. It is used to identify the appropriate course placement based on your strengths in each subject area.
The results, and your academic background and goals and interests, are used by academic advisors and counselors to place you in the appropriate college courses. Placements tests are administered at no charge to students.
Hours and Locations
- ACCUPLACER is offered at all Rio Salado Testing locations.
- Students living outside of Maricopa County may request to have their exams proctored virtually. Click Here to submit a request for your exam.
- After testing, you will receive a printout with your test scores. Your test scores are also available in your Student Center at maricopa.edu.
- Course placement scores, except for the reading exemption scores, are valid for two years from the date of the original or retest assessment.
- Please refer to the Placement Chart for placement ranges.
You are permitted one retest in English, reading or math level after at least a 24-hour waiting period. One additional re-test is permitted no sooner than three months from the oldest valid score date at any course placement testing site.
The links below are intended to provide study material. They in no way guarantee or predict success on the ACCUPLACER Next Generation placement test.
- You will need to have a current, valid, recognizable, state or federal issued photo ID and Student ID number.
- We will accept ACCUPLACER Next Generation scores from other colleges if the test was taken within the last two years. Have the school where you took the test fax the score report to Academic Advising: (480) 377-4899.
- FAQs - Exam Proctoring guidelines and process