Accounting, Banking, and Finance
The success of small and large businesses relies heavily on the expertise of finance and accounting professionals — they play an important role in tracking businesses' income and expenses and applying current finance and accounting industry practices, principles, and laws to evaluate the performance of businesses and make informed financial decisions to help prepare businesses to achieve long-term business and financial goals.
The Accounting, Banking, and Finance program will teach you the necessary skills to help get your foot in the door in a variety of accounting or finance career paths, including accounting in the public, private, and governmental sectors, forensic accounting, or as a financial analyst or financial manager.
Make it happen — enroll in the Accounting, Banking, and Finance program today!
Students at any Maricopa Community College may need to complete courses at more than one of our colleges.
- Flexible Start Dates: You can start almost every Monday of the year - so you can begin class on your schedule.
- Accommodating Course Format: Classes are delivered online - allowing you to schedule time for classwork around your work and family commitments.
- Textbook Options: Most classes have low-cost rental options for textbooks. Some courses use open-educational resources (OER), which correlates to no textbook cost for students.
- Free Tutoring: At Rio, we offer free, online tutoring to offer you additional support.
- 24/7 Helpdesks: Need help? We have help available 24/7.
- Experienced Faculty: Our faculty are working professionals who know their content and want to assist you in successfully completing your courses!
Enroll in Rio Salado's Online Accounting Program!
Accounting is an important part of the business world. By understanding its finances, you get to know how a business operates and how it is organized. Rio Salado offers certificates of completion and associate accounting degrees to provide you with the basic skills needed to enter this exciting and challenging field.
Careers in Accounting
Accountants engage in a wide variety of activities, from preparing financial statements to recording business transactions and tracking financial performance. Entry-level jobs in accounting include accounting clerk, auditor, accounts payable/receivable clerk, claims clerk, credit clerk, full-charge bookkeeper, and accounting intern.
Become an IRS Certified Tax Preparer!
Rio Salado College now offers an Enrolled Agent Certificate of Completion and exam preparation program to help prepare students for a career in tax preparation. Are you analytical, organized, and detail-oriented? Do you have a strong code of ethics and a desire to help clients with tax-related issues? If so, you may enjoy a career as an Enrolled Agent!
What is an Enrolled Agent?
Enrolled Agents are tax experts who are federally authorized to represent taxpayers before the IRS. The Enrolled Agent credential is the highest awarded by the IRS. Individuals who obtain this status must adhere to strict ethical standards and complete 72 hours of continuing education courses every three years.
Enrolled Agent Exam
To earn the Enrolled Agent credential, individuals must pass a national comprehensive Special Enrollment Exam (SEE). The SEE is an additional cost and is taken off campus with an IRS approved exam provider.