Anthropology is the study of humankind, seeking to understand who we are. This broad discipline includes the study of cultures around the world, remains of past cultures, and the biology of humans and other primates. This knowledge of how we are similar across the world yet investigating the differences among vibrant cultures is critical to studying and helping solve many of the global issues confronting us today. If this area of study interests you, consider enrolling in the Anthropology program.
Students of the Anthropology program develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills that are required in professions where you examine human data, build research partnerships, provide health services, and work across various disciplines. Upon completing this program, you will be able to bring awareness of human culture, biology, and history to tackle complex issues facing the world today. These in-demand skills are highly valued by employers across a variety of sectors, including government, health and human services, private businesses, cultural resource management, museums, universities, and independent research institutes.
Bring your curiosity about what it means to be human and enroll in the Anthropology program today!
Students at any Maricopa Community College may need to complete courses at more than one of our colleges.
|Associate in Arts, Emphasis in Anthropology|
Why Rio Salado College?
- Flexible Start Dates: You can start almost every Monday of the year - so you can begin class on your schedule.
- Accommodating Course Format: Classes are delivered online - allowing you to schedule time for classwork around your work and family commitments.
- Textbooks Options: Most classes have low-cost rental options for textbooks. Some courses use open-educational resources (OER), which correlates to no textbook cost for students.
- Free Tutoring: At Rio, we offer free, online tutoring to offer you additional support.
- 24/7 Helpdesks: Need help? We have help available 24/7.
- Experienced Faculty: Our faculty are working professionals who know their content and want to assist you in successfully completing your courses!
Anthropologists study a variety of topics related to humankind. A biological anthropologist looks at the human body, past and present. A cultural anthropologist explores people around the world to understand the rules and interactions of groups. Linguistic anthropologists study the way people communicate. Recently, anthropologists are sought-after to collect data for market research campaigns.
At Rio Salado College you can receive a base knowledge in each of these areas. We offer the following courses:
Our anthropology courses are offered in an online format with options to accelerate. This program of study offers low cost and open education resources (OER) textbooks. Rio Salado’s highly qualified instructors have a love for anthropology as well as sharing this knowledge and working with students on an individual basis.