If you have a passion for chemistry and bioscience, and the periodic table of elements electrifies you, exciting possibilities await you in the Biochemistry program! Begin a fascinating career today as a chemical or forensic science technician or chemical equipment operator and tender.
The Biochemistry program will teach you fundamental theories in chemistry and bioscience. You'll get hands-on experience with lab techniques and experimentations to test hypotheses and help care for communities in need. In addition, you'll also learn safety protocols and make informed, actionable decisions while practicing ethical, social responsibility.
You'll come away from the Biochemistry program with new skills in creative, methodical, and analytical thinking, problem-solving, and collaborating and reasoning with colleagues.
Make a quantum leap into your future today and sign up!
Students at any Maricopa Community College may need to complete courses at more than one of our colleges.
|Associate in Science, Emphasis in Biochemistry|
Why Rio Salado College?
- Flexible Start Dates: You can start almost every Monday of the year - so you can begin class on your schedule.
- Accommodating Course Format: Classes are delivered online - allowing you to schedule time for classwork around your work and family commitments.
- Textbooks Options: Most classes have low-cost rental options for textbooks. Some courses use open-educational resources (OER), which correlates to no textbook cost for students.
- Free Tutoring: At Rio, we offer free, online tutoring to offer you additional support.
- 24/7 Helpdesks: Need help? We have help available 24/7.
- Experienced Faculty: Our faculty are working professionals who know their content and want to assist you in successfully completing your courses!
The search to comprehend the chemical processes related to living organisms is the essence of biochemistry at Rio Salado College. With the ability to choose your start date and engage in laboratory activities outside of a traditional setting, there are no limits to your pursuit of this understanding. Instructors with real world experience in biology, chemistry, and related disciplines are your partners as you explore this fascinating field of study.