Students who earn their business degree have more marketable skill sets, more competitive earning potential, and more flexibility when it comes to their career options. If you’re interested in starting a career in accounting, business administration, business data analytics, entrepreneurship, finance, marketing, retail management, supply chain management, or as an administrative assistant, consider enrolling in the Business program today to work your way towards an Associate's in Business degree.
The Business program’s curriculum is designed to provide business training for a range of entry-level jobs. You will receive a comprehensive education while learning the fundamentals of business concepts, accounting, computer principles, and legal issues related to business. You will also receive training on essential technological skills, business communications, public relations, records management, and report preparation.
What are you waiting for? Make it happen today with our Business program!
Students at any Maricopa Community College may need to complete courses at more than one of our colleges.
|Associate in Business, General Requirements|
|Associate in Business, Special Requirements|
Why Rio Salado College?
- Flexible Start Dates: You can start almost every Monday of the year - so you can begin class on your schedule.
- Accommodating Course Format: Classes are delivered online - allowing you to schedule time for classwork around your work and family commitments.
- Textbooks Options: Most classes have low-cost rental options for textbooks. Some courses use open-educational resources (OER), which correlates to no textbook cost for students.
- Free Tutoring: At Rio, we offer free, online tutoring to offer you additional support.
- 24/7 Helpdesks: Need help? We have help available 24/7.
- Experienced Faculty: Our faculty are working professionals who know their content and want to assist you in successfully completing your courses!
Associates in Business, General Requirements and
Associates in Business, Special Requirements
Is your goal to earn a bachelor’s degree in business or computer information systems? Start at Rio by earning the Associates in Business and then transfer to an Arizona university to complete your four-year degree. The Associate’s in Business includes all the lower-division requirements.
These transfer programs were created in partnership with Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University, and the University of Arizona. Students planning to major in computer information systems or data analytics should follow the Associate of Business-Special Requirements (ABUS-SR) pathway map. Students planning to major in business areas should follow the Associate of Business-General Requirements (ABUS-GR).
General Business CCL and AAS
Want to learn about business - but not yet sure on your area of focus? The General Business program provides a foundation of many business topics - including introduction to business, computer principles, accounting, business law as well as your choice of restricted electives. The program will acquaint you with business terminology and processes.