If you are inquisitive about the world around you and enjoy building knowledge to arrive at logical solutions, you've come to the right place! Sign up today for our Chemistry program and begin an exciting and challenging career as a chemical technician or chemical equipment operator and tender. This program is a stepping stone to transfer to a university to earn a bachelor or graduate degree in Chemistry, where you can pursue a job as a chemist, chemical engineer, materials scientist, or a chemistry professor.
The Chemistry program will teach you the fundamentals of chemistry. You'll get hands-on experience in a laboratory setting, designing a procedure while exercising safety and mitigating risk. You'll also learn safety protocols and make informed, actionable decisions while practicing ethical, social responsibility. You'll come away from this program with new skills in analyzing, collecting, and reporting data in both formal and informal settings and the ability to think critically and collaborate with others in the quest to solve real-world problems.
Sign up today and make it happen!
Students at any Maricopa Community College may need to complete courses at more than one of our colleges.
- Flexible Start Dates: You can start almost every Monday of the year - so you can begin class on your schedule.
- Accommodating Course Format: Classes are delivered online - allowing you to schedule time for classwork around your work and family commitments.
- Textbooks Options: Most classes have low-cost rental options for textbooks. Some courses use open-educational resources (OER), which correlates to no textbook cost for students.
- Free Tutoring: At Rio, we offer free, online tutoring to offer you additional support.
- 24/7 Helpdesks: Need help? We have help available 24/7.
- Experienced Faculty: Our faculty are working professionals who know their content and want to assist you in successfully completing your courses!
If you are looking to better understand the world around you, enroll in chemistry at Rio Salado College. Using your own individual lab kit, you can explore the behavior of matter outside of the traditional laboratory, under the guidance of qualified instructors with experience in industry and academia. A choice of a regular or accelerated calendar, as well as multiple start dates, allows you to begin your quest.