Computer Information Systems
Do you want a career that lives at the intersection of technology and business? Successful organizations rely on integrated technological solutions to carry out their business operations, interact with both suppliers and customers, and excel in the marketplace. In the Computer Information Systems (CIS) program, you’ll learn how to design, develop, manage, and maintain sophisticated technologies that are used everywhere — from local to global organizations.
The CIS program's comprehensive curriculum will equip you with the knowledge and skills to succeed in technology-related roles, such as a helpdesk technician, technology trainer, and more. This program will also prepare you for industry-recognized certification exams, including the Oracle Corporation OCA, AWS Cloud Practitioner certifications, and the CompTIA A+.
Make it happen! Enroll today to start your journey.
Students at any Maricopa Community College may need to complete courses at more than one of our colleges.
- Flexible Start Dates: You can start almost every Monday of the year - so you can begin class on your schedule.
- Accommodating Course Format: Classes are delivered online - allowing you to schedule time for classwork around your work and family commitments.
- Textbooks Options: Most classes have low-cost rental options for textbooks. Some courses use open-educational resources (OER), which correlates to no textbook cost for students.
- Free Tutoring: At Rio, we offer free, online tutoring to offer you additional support.
- 24/7 Helpdesks: Need help? We have help available 24/7.
- Experienced Faculty: Our faculty are working professionals who know their content and want to assist you in successfully completing your courses!
Rio Salado’s Computer Information Systems programs are stackable, allowing students to earn credentials along the way. The associate degree programs in Information Technology and Web Design/Development require Certificates of Completion (CCLs); these CCLs are valuable credentials students can list on their resume. In addition, all required courses in the Computer Information Systems programs have an 8-week calendar option for students to select, if they wish to accelerate.
Students who have one or more current industry certifications, such as CompTia’s A+ certification, may qualify for Credit for Prior Learning credit. For more information on Credit for Training and Certificates, including a list of approved industry certifications we accept for college credit, please visit here. Credit for Prior Learning credits, using current industry certifications, are free of charge to Maricopa students!