Tech support and IT support are on the front lines of business’ and organizations’ technology – and responsible for ensuring their hardware, software, and networks are operating at optimal performance. If you are a creative problem-solver who enjoys computers and working with people, consider enrolling in the Desktop Support program to learn the skills that can help you be competitive in the job market and successful in tech support or IT support.
This hands-on program offers basic IT training in solving today’s high-tech problems in desktop computers, printers, mobile devices, networks, popular applications, and operating systems – employing the very latest innovations while preparing you to adapt to changes that are still on the drawing board. You will learn about computer and network technologies, with special emphasis on data networks, network components, and network use. Upon completing this program, you will be prepared to take the CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, and CompTIA Linux+ certification exams, paving the path for a career in tech support or IT support.
Students at any Maricopa Community College may need to complete courses at more than one of our colleges.
|Computer System Configuration and Support|
|Computer System Configuration and Support, Network|
|Computer System Configuration and Support, Security|
Why Rio Salado College?
- Flexible Start Dates: You can start almost every Monday of the year - so you can begin class on your schedule.
- Accommodating Course Format: Classes are delivered online - allowing you to schedule time for classwork around your work and family commitments.
- Textbooks Options: Most classes have low-cost rental options for textbooks. Some courses use open-educational resources (OER), which correlates to no textbook cost for students.
- Free Tutoring: At Rio, we offer free, online tutoring to offer you additional support.
- 24/7 Helpdesks: Need help? We have help available 24/7.
- Experienced Faculty: Our faculty are working professionals who know their content and want to assist you in successfully completing your courses!
Rio Salado’s Computer Information Systems programs are stackable, allowing students to earn credentials along the way. The associate degree programs in Information Technology and Web Design/Development require Certificates of Completion (CCLs); these CCLs are valuable credentials students can list on their resume. In addition, all required courses in the Computer Information Systems programs have an 8-week calendar option for students to select, if they wish to accelerate.
Students who have one or more current industry certifications, such as CompTia’s A+ certification, may qualify for Credit for Prior Learning credit. For more information on Credit for Training and Certificates, including a list of approved industry certifications we accept for college credit, please visit here. Credit for Prior Learning credits, using current industry certifications, are free of charge to Maricopa students!