If the key to success is better understanding the world around you, what area of study would make more sense to pursue than world languages? Studying languages is not just about learning different tongues and dialects — it also teaches the intercultural skills necessary to be a contributing member of our local and global community.
Our experienced instructors will guide you through this intensive liberal arts program in world languages studies. Our humanities and foreign language courses will prepare you for further university studies, travels abroad, transitions into the workforce, or advancement in your current career. Possible and exciting roles you can work towards include interpreter, translator, speech-language pathology assistant, reporter, and instructor.
Make it happen. Take your first step toward enrolling in the World Languages program today.
Students at any Maricopa Community College may need to complete courses at more than one of our colleges.
|Associate in Arts, Emphasis in Japanese|
|Associate in Arts, Emphasis in Spanish|
Why Rio Salado College?
- Flexible Start Dates: You can start almost every Monday of the year - so you can begin class on your schedule.
- Accommodating Course Format: Classes are delivered online - allowing you to schedule time for classwork around your work and family commitments.
- Textbook Options: Most classes have low-cost rental options for textbooks. Some courses use open-educational resources (OER), which correlates to no textbook cost for students.
- Free Tutoring: At Rio, we offer free, online tutoring to offer you additional support.
- 24/7 Helpdesks: Need help? We have help available 24/7.
- Experienced Faculty: Our faculty are working professionals who know their content and want to assist you in successfully completing your courses!
Enjoy These Benefits:
- Courses start most Mondays
- Courses can be accelerated
- Affordable tuition
- Language classes are fun and make learning easier!
We Make Learning a Language Fun
Learn Spanish, German, French, Japanese, Arabic, Chinese, Latin or American Sign Language online through Rio Salado language classes. All languages, except American Sign Language and Latin, use interactive voice recognition software and computer-based exercises backed by Rio Salado's expert faculty.
The voice recognition component is like having a private tutor assisting you along the way, doing what no other software has been able to do - make learning a language fun. These newly formatted courses are perfect for anyone wanting the flexibility and convenience of online learning – no time spent driving to class and no wasted gasoline.
Language Prerequisites and Placement Testing
Please view the prerequisites for language courses:
If you have not taken the required course prerequisite, but feel that you have the knowledge and skills to be successful in a language course beyond the first semester, request an online placement test:
Our Language Placement Coordinator will send you the link to the test and will let you know if your score meets the minimum necessary for departmental approval.
Questions about the process? Please contact the Language Placement Coordinator via phone at 480-517-8255 or by email at email@example.com.