Without well-trained individuals to run machinery and oversee production and manufacturing, businesses’ production facilities would operate inefficiently and be in danger of producing inferior products.
The Manufacturing program will help transform you into an invaluable asset by teaching you essential skills like process design, QA, quality control, computer numeric control (CNC) machine set-up and operation, computer-aided design (CAD), and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) programming. You will also learn how to apply mathematical reasoning to the manufacturing process, analyze technical documents to make informed decisions, and use other state-of-the-art manufacturing technology and procedures as an operator or technician while following manufacturing regulations and safety practices.
Make it happen and join the Manufacturing program today!
Students at any Maricopa Community College may need to complete courses at more than one of our colleges.
Why Rio Salado College?
- Flexible Start Dates: You can start almost every Monday of the year - so you can begin class on your schedule.
- Accommodating Course Format: Classes are delivered online - allowing you to schedule time for classwork around your work and family commitments.
- Textbooks Options: Most classes have low-cost rental options for textbooks. Some courses use open-educational resources (OER), which correlates to no textbook cost for students.
- Free Tutoring: At Rio, we offer free, online tutoring to offer you additional support.
- 24/7 Helpdesks: Need help? We have help available 24/7.
- Experienced Faculty: Our faculty are working professionals who know their content and want to assist you in successfully completing your courses!
Manufacturing at Rio Salado College is focused on micro and nano scale processes. The programs are designed to provide students with the general principles and foundational skills in semiconductor and related manufacturing industries. Students will become familiar with nanotechnology processes, materials, and methods for characterization and fabrication. Product stewardship, occupational safety and health procedures are emphasized throughout the program