Fans of legal dramas could be forgiven for assuming lawyers do all the work, but in the real world, paralegals offer invaluable assistance to lawyers at every step in a case. While paralegals don’t provide legal advice or represent clients in court, they still play a significant role during proceedings, such as interviewing clients and witnesses, conducting important research, and preparing legal documents. If you’re highly organized, excellent at prioritizing, like to conduct research, and can communicate well verbally and in writing, a career in law could be your calling.
The Paralegal Studies program offers several paths and can prepare you for entry-level employment in law offices or legal divisions of government agencies.
Make it happen and start your path toward a career as a paralegal.
Students at any Maricopa Community College may need to complete courses at more than one of our colleges.
- Flexible Start Dates: You can start almost every Monday of the year - so you can begin class on your schedule.
- Accommodating Course Format: Classes are delivered online - allowing you to schedule time for classwork around your work and family commitments.
- Textbooks Options: Most classes have low-cost rental options for textbooks. Some courses use open-educational resources (OER), which correlates to no textbook cost for students.
- Free Tutoring: At Rio, we offer free, online tutoring to offer you additional support.
- 24/7 Helpdesks: Need help? We have help available 24/7.
- Experienced Faculty: Our faculty are working professionals who know their content and want to assist you in successfully completing your courses!
All of our instructors are legal professionals who work or have worked in the field. Our expertise comes from practicing attorneys, judges, and experienced paralegals. We are committed to prepare students for a future in the legal profession and enjoy what we do!
Rio Salado’s Paralegal program provides students with an overview of the foundations of the legal system, including courses on legal ethics, business law, and tort law. Introducing students to the fundamental skills of legal research, writing, and analysis, our program effectively equips students with the tools necessary to succeed in a legal setting. Moreover, the program offers career development opportunities, including a competitive internship program. Throughout the program, students will have the ability to develop and hone a wide body of legal skills, well preparing them for a bright future in a professional legal setting.
Most courses are 8 weeks long and fully online. Rio offers multiple start dates which means you can start on just about any Monday of the year.
Most of our courses use Cengage Unlimited which is a subscription-based platform designed to save students money through the duration of their program.