Do you want to be on the cutting edge of scientific ideas and technology? If so, consider a career in physics. This branch of science is concerned with the nature and properties of matter and energy. From the subatomic to the cosmological, physics seeks to reveal and explain the splendors of the universe.
Our Physics program is designed to provide you with the first two years of a four-year curriculum if you wish to specialize in physics or are preparing to apply for professional graduate programs in various medical fields. Experienced instructors will teach you how to describe, predict, and explain real-world phenomena, utilizing a variety of different representations like mathematical, graphical, and pictorial formalisms. You’ll learn how to collect and analyze experimental data, and then draw reasonable conclusions to both develop and support the laws of physics. You’ll also be able to apply the principles of physics to solve problems both inside and outside the classroom.
There is a wide range of career paths depending on whether you pursue a bachelor’s or graduate degree in physics — like teaching, medicine, intellectual property or patent law, science writing, science policy, energy policy, government, and management in technical fields.
Join the Physics program and take the first step toward accelerating your career.
Students at any Maricopa Community College may need to complete courses at more than one of our colleges.
- Flexible Start Dates: You can start almost every Monday of the year - so you can begin class on your schedule.
- Accommodating Course Format: Classes are delivered online - allowing you to schedule time for classwork around your work and family commitments.
- Textbooks Options: Most classes have low-cost rental options for textbooks. Some courses use open-educational resources (OER), which correlates to no textbook cost for students.
- Free Tutoring: At Rio, we offer free, online tutoring to offer you additional support.
- 24/7 Helpdesks: Need help? We have help available 24/7.
- Experienced Faculty: Our faculty are working professionals who know their content and want to assist you in successfully completing your courses!
In physics at Rio Salado College, an emphasis on problem-solving and structured inquiry provides a strong foundation for study in other disciplines. Instructors with years of teaching experience encourage inventive thinking, using hands-on laboratory activities combined with lab simulations. Understanding how the world works is the goal, and multiple start dates with instruction delivered on your schedule puts it within reach.