Psychology explains general principles that govern behavior while recognizing individual differences. Psychology spans all aspects of human development, from prenatal development to addressing the needs of an aging population. Future psychologists can envision prospective work environments in anything from educational settings to private practices, human resources to not-for-profit community agencies, and scientific research centers to mental healthcare organizations.
The Psychology program will help you gain the skills to identify interrelationships between biological, psychological, and socio-cultural processes and utilize scientific findings and theories to generate new ideas and problem solve. For a truly limitless future, the study of psychology prepares you for endless career paths.
Start your journey toward psychology and helping others today!
Students at any Maricopa Community College may need to complete courses at more than one of our colleges.
- Flexible Start Dates: You can start almost every Monday of the year - so you can begin class on your schedule.
- Accommodating Course Format: Classes are delivered online - allowing you to schedule time for classwork around your work and family commitments.
- Textbooks Options: Most classes have low-cost rental options for textbooks. Some courses use open-educational resources (OER), which correlates to no textbook cost for students.
- Free Tutoring: At Rio, we offer free, online tutoring to offer you additional support.
- 24/7 Helpdesks: Need help? We have help available 24/7.
- Experienced Faculty: Our faculty are working professionals who know their content and want to assist you in successfully completing your courses!