Web Design and Development
The exciting field of web design and development is one of the most rapidly growing and well-paying careers available! If you have always been interested in design, technology, or coding, this is your chance to develop your skills for a potentially lucrative career.
Our Web Design and Development program provides a foundation in graphic design, storyboarding, scripting, UI/UX, content management systems, and e-commerce solutions. With a solid base from which to grow, you can then specialize and develop your skills in diverse areas like digital image creation and manipulation, audio and video editing, character animation, database integration, programming, server administration, mobile app development, and more.
We provide state-of-the-art computer labs, skilled instructors, and hands-on experience with modern technologies.
Learn how to design and create sophisticated and engaging websites. Begin your journey toward a career in web design and development today.
Students at any Maricopa Community College may need to complete courses at more than one of our colleges.
Why Rio Salado College?
- Flexible Start Dates: You can start almost every Monday of the year - so you can begin class on your schedule.
- Accommodating Course Format: Classes are delivered online - allowing you to schedule time for classwork around your work and family commitments.
- Textbooks Options: Most classes have low-cost rental options for textbooks. Some courses use open-educational resources (OER), which correlates to no textbook cost for students.
- Free Tutoring: At Rio, we offer free, online tutoring to offer you additional support.
- 24/7 Helpdesks: Need help? We have help available 24/7.
- Experienced Faculty: Our faculty are working professionals who know their content and want to assist you in successfully completing your courses!
Rio Salado’s Computer Information Systems programs are stackable, allowing students to earn credentials along the way. The associate degree programs in Information Technology and Web Design/Development require Certificates of Completion (CCLs); these CCLs are valuable credentials students can list on their resume. In addition, all required courses in the Computer Information Systems programs have an 8-week calendar option for students to select, if they wish to accelerate.
Students who have one or more current industry certifications, such as CompTia’s A+ certification, may qualify for Credit for Prior Learning credit. For more information on Credit for Training and Certificates, including a list of approved industry certifications we accept for college credit, please visit here. Credit for Prior Learning credits, using current industry certifications, are free of charge to Maricopa students!