Attention: This program is offered through an educational partnership. Employment by the partnership organization is required for admission. If you are interested in a career with this employer, click here for current job opportunities.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Emergency Communications is designed to provide students with the training required for employment in the emergency communications industry. Courses will cover an introduction to computer aided dispatch, emergency call basics, and emergency communications personnel responsibilities in addition to an introduction to and use of the Incident Command System. Also covers the National Incident Management System (NIMS), 911 policies and procedures and Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM).
This program is offered through an educational partnership. Employment by the partnership organization is required for admission.
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
Students must earn a grade of C of better in all courses within the program.
- Explain basic dispatch protocol and functions. (LET180, LET181)
- Demonstrate communications procedures for high risk environments. (LET180, LET181, LET182)
- Demonstrate Incident Command System (ICS) responsibilities and implementation procedures. (LET180, LET181, LET182, LET185)
- Demonstrate emergency communications procedures. (LET182, LET185)
- Use radio dispatch cards and codes. (LET182, LET185, LET186)
- Compare various location systems. (LET184)
- Assess emergency call information. (LET184, LET185, LET186)
- Use department phonetic alphabet, common terms, and abbreviations. (LET184, LET185, LET186)
- Explain the role of the National Incident Management System (NIMS). (LET185)
- Summarize online crime reporting website procedures for access and reporting. (LET185)
- Complete alarm calls. (LET185)
- Explain Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) reporting requirements. (LET185)
- Demonstrate procedures for managing specific emergency situations. (LET185, LET186)
- Compare Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) resources. (LET186)
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|LET180||Introduction to Computer Aided Dispatch||2|
|LET181||Emergency Communications Personnel||2|
|LET182||Emergency Communications Procedures||3|
|LET184||Introduction to 911 Call Basics||3|
|LET185||911 Policies and Procedures||3|
|LET186||Specialized 911 Call Procedures||3|
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.Read the official description