Sustainability is not just a buzzword, it’s a way of life — and a possible career for you. Environmental studies allow you to explore the current and future interactions between human and natural systems. With a focus in Sustainability, you can analyze ideas of sustainable development at a local, regional, and global level – and maybe have a say in the best possible uses of our planet’s resources.
What role can you take on in this vital field? Students may go on to be sustainability specialists, compliance managers, environmental scientists, and soil and water conservationists. Familiarity with sustainability can also boost your career in adjacent fields like environmental reporting, city and regional planning, landscape architecture, construction, interior design, urban planning, and business.
It can start today. Make your future in sustainability happen.
Students at any Maricopa Community College may need to complete courses at more than one of our colleges.
|Associate in Arts, Emphasis in Sustainability and Environmental Studies|
|Sustainability and Ecological Literacy|
Why Rio Salado College?
- Flexible Start Dates: You can start almost every Monday of the year - so you can begin class on your schedule.
- Accommodating Course Format: Classes are delivered online - allowing you to schedule time for classwork around your work and family commitments.
- Textbooks Options: Most classes have low-cost rental options for textbooks. Some courses use open-educational resources (OER), which correlates to no textbook cost for students.
- Free Tutoring: At Rio, we offer free, online tutoring to offer you additional support.
- 24/7 Helpdesks: Need help? We have help available 24/7.
- Experienced Faculty: Our faculty are working professionals who know their content and want to assist you in successfully completing your courses!