Fall is Here: It's Time to Apply for Financial Aid
Applying for financial aid can seem like a daunting task, but it doesn't have to be. All it takes is a little planning and organization to make it a less stressful process. Completing your FASFA form is the first step toward qualifying you for federal, state and school financial aid. Listed below are some valuable tips from the Rio Salado College Financial Aid Department to make applying for financial aid a more pleasant experience.
- Apply early - The financial aid application is available every year on October 1. You should complete the application as early as possible.
- Keep track of deadlines - Missing a financial aid deadline can jeopardize your financial aid eligibility. Be sure to submit all items by the appropriate deadlines.
- Monitor communications regularly - All financial aid communications are sent via the student center at myinfo.maricopa.edu or your official Maricopa email address. It is your responsibility to monitor these sites for information.
- Complete all forms accurately and legibly - Inaccurate, unreadable, or missing information can cause delays in processing the financial aid application.
- Keep copies of each form - You should keep a copy of each document submitted. You may need to reference a particular document if the college asks for additional information.
- Follow through - After submitting all documents, continue to monitor the student center and your official Maricopa email for any additional items that the college may need. As deadlines near, follow up to confirm that all information has been received.
- Reapply every year - Each year, you need to reapply for financial aid. There may be certain types of aid you do not qualify for this year but do qualify for the next year. Always reapply.
If you receive financial aid you must also maintain your eligibility. If you take classes at Rio Salado College and another college or university, you should also file a consortium agreement. The purpose of a consortium agreement is to ensure that you receive the financial aid for which you are eligible based on your program of study. Learn more online.
Note: Rio Salado College will soon begin processing student FAFSAs for the 2022-2023 school year. You are encouraged to apply for financial aid on or soon after October 1, 2021.
The Rio Salado College Financial Aid Office is now LIVE! Monday - Friday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.