Are you planning on signing up for classes this fall? Don’t forget to complete your FAFSA! If you’re interested in applying for financial aid, student loans, or scholarships, many of them will require your FAFSA information.
What Is FAFSA?
FAFSA is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. You need to complete this form in order to apply for federally funded student aid, grants, work-study funds, and loans. State organizations and colleges also use your FAFSA information to determine your eligibility for state and school aid. Completing your FAFSA is free.
Your FAFSA needs to be updated annually or it will lapse. The form is now open for the 24-25 school year. Keep an eye on the FAFSA site for up-to-date deadline information.
- The Rio Salado College FAFSA school code is 014483.
- To apply for FAFSA, you'll need these documents.
- For questions about financial aid and FAFA, check in with our Financial Aid Office. We have a live chat enabled Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. You can also contact Rio F.A. by calling 480-731-8900.
- Do you have your MEID? Rio Salado won’t be able to process your FAFSA information without an MEID, so make sure you get yours before applying for financial aid.
- Need one-on-one help with your FAFSA? The Maricopa district is offering counseling by appointment to help navigate you through the FAFSA process.
- Text Benji, Arizona’s free digital FAFSA assistant! Text “Hi Benji” to 602-786-8171 to wake Benji up and get your questions about FAFSA and financial aid answered.
- Federal Aid helpline for students: 1-800-433-3243
- Arizona FAFSA hotline (open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m Monday-Friday): 1-833-AZ-FAFSA (1-833-MiFAFSA for Spanish speakers)
- Arizona FAFSA Hotline virtual appointment setter
Dollars and Donuts: A FAFSA Workshop
On Saturday, Feb. 24, the Maricopa Community Colleges are hosting a free in-person FAFSA workshop at the Burton Barr Central Library in downtown Phoenix. This event will run from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Come on down, learn how to set up your FSA ID, navigate the 2024-25 application, and get answers to all your financial aid questions. Plus: there will be complimentary coffee and donuts!
Learn More About FAFSA
- What You Should Know About FAFSA and Financial Aid Eligibility
- 2024–25 FAFSA Help
- 10 Common FAFSA Mistakes To Avoid
- 8 Steps To Completing the 2023–24 FAFSA® Form (most of this info is still applicable to this year’s FAFSA Cycle)
- MCCCD Scholarship Information
Article by Austin Brietta