The U.S. Department of Education (ED) is required by federal regulations to select some Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSAs) for verification. ED selects approximately 30% of all students who complete the FAFSA for verification.
If you are selected for verification, you are required to complete and submit the documentation requested on your To Do List in your Student Center. Please note:
- All items needed to complete the verification process are posted on your To Do List.
- All requested documents must be completed.
- Any incomplete documents are returned to you to allow you to take action. After you complete the document, you can resubmit it.
- All completed items are removed from your To Do List.
- If you do not submit the requested verification documentation, you are not offered any federal financial aid.
Obtaining Your Income Information
Use these sources to get information to verify your income:
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool on your FAFSA
- Visit IRS.gov
- Call 1-800-908-9946 to request the income information by phone
- Call 1-844-545-5640 to make an appointment with the IRS