Rio Salado College offers resources and services that promote accessible learning for students with documented disabilities. Services and accommodations are available at no cost to qualifying Rio Salado students. All student requests will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Students with documented disabilities may receive accommodations that include:
- Sign language interpreters
- Text in alternative format
- Extended test taking time
How to Request Services
A student wanting to use services must meet Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) admissions requirements, or be enrolled as an MCCCD student, and provide Disability Resources and Services (DRS) with documentation outlining the nature of the disability.
Rio Salado College DRS processes each student's request on an individual, case-by-case basis, given a reasonable time frame. To request services, follow the process below:
- Complete the DRS Connect application online.
- Have your MEID and password available and your Rio Student Identification number.
- Expect to spend between 5 and 15 minutes.
- Upload documentation.
- The DRS office will communicate with you by email.
- Email Disability.Services@riosalado.edu or call (480) 517-8562 with questions.
To help us meet your needs, please provide as much of the following information as possible:
- Medical records
- Psycho-educational test reports
- School records
- Letter from a current treatment provider
Your documentation should address any physical, perceptual, cognitive, and/or behavioral issues that are relevant to your situation. In addition, you should also include any descriptions of treatments (medications, accommodations, auxiliary aids, assistive technology and services currently in use) and any additional accommodations or tools you are requesting along with a description of how you think they will be helpful.
- Accommodations are not retroactive.
- A student with appropriate documentation and approval of DRS staff is entitled to services/accommodations from that date forward.
- It is important to request academic accommodations each semester.