- How do I know who my instructor is for my course? How do I contact my instructor?
- What is my email address?
- Where can I find services such as the library, counseling, and advisement?
- Where do I go if I need help or wish to contact someone at Rio Salado College?
- What are alerts? When will I receive them, and how do I read them?
- Is there a calendar available to help plan my studies?
- Now that I’ve navigated to my Course Homepage, where do I start?
- I would like to request some extra time on my assignment. How do I request a due date change from my instructor?
- How do I view my course grades and feedback? What other information can I find in my Gradebook?
- How do I change my course calendar to an 8-week course?
- How do I confirm my contact information? How do I change it if it is incorrect?
1. How do I know who my instructor is for my course? How do I contact my instructor?
1a. You can locate your instructor’s name in two places. On your My Classes page, view your instructor's name and photo/icon next to your course information. You can message your instructor by clicking the message next to the instructor's name.
1b. You can view your instructor's photo/icon and a brief bio when you are on your course homepage. Click the green Contact button to message your instructor.
All students in the Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) have an MCCCD Student Email account. Your email address is your MEID@maricopa.edu. Visit the MCCCD Student Email page for more information, including instructions and a video tutorial.
3. Where can I find services such as the library, counseling and academic advisement?
The top navigation bar on your My Classes and your Course Homepage pages contain links to the library and other student services. Click/hover over the Library tab (3a) for a list of library services. Click/hover over the Services tab (3b) to display a list of frequently used student services.
4. Where do I go if I need help or want to contact someone at Rio Salado College?
On the top navigation bar, click the Help or the Contact Us tab.
5. What are "Alerts?" When will I receive them and how do I read them?
You will receive alerts for various activities, such as confirming when you have successfully submitted an assignment, notifying you when your instructor has graded your work or responded to a due date change request, or reminding you when you have not submitted an assignment by its due date. To read an Alert, click the “+” symbol next to the alert to expand it and view the details. To view all of your alerts at once, click Expand All. You can remove an alert you have read by clicking the “x” to the right of the alert.
6. Is there a calendar to help plan my studies?
At the top of your My Classes page and your Course Homepage, there is a link to your calendar. Click the Calendar icon (6a) to display a calendar containing important deadlines, such as the last date to drop your class. Your homework assignment due dates also display.
You can add to the calendar by double-clicking the calendar in which you would like to add an item. A New Appointment dialog box displays. Enter the subject or title of your appointment, specify the start and end times, and then click Save.
7. Now that I’m on my Course Homepage, what should I do?
One of the first items you should read is your Course Syllabus. You can access the syllabus from the left-hand side navigation menu (7a). Important items found here include:
- Class information
- Course Materials
- Educational Software Discounts
- Course Descriptions and Competencies
- Course Requirements
- Grading Procedures
- and more
Pay attention to any items posted under the Announcements section (7b). Your instructor will use this area to post updates related to the course. You should check this area for new items every time you log in to your courses.
It is highly recommended that you review the Lesson Preview pages before beginning any lesson. The From Your Instructor section (7c) on each Lesson Preview page highlights important information about each lesson from your instructor. Your instructor will post helpful information and other materials related to each lesson.
After you have read the From Your Instructor section, you can access your lesson by clicking the Open My Lesson button (7d).
The Course Homepage is where you can view all your assignments and due dates by clicking Gradebook.
8. I need to request extra time on my assignment. How do I request a due date change from my instructor?
You may request an extension from your Gradebook, by clicking the Due Dates tab (8a). Then, click the Modify Due Dates button (8b). This displays an online form (8c), including the requested due date and the reason you need the extension. When your instructor has responded to this request, and you will see an Alert (see section 5 above) as to whether your instructor has approved or denied your request.
9. How do I view my course grades and feedback? What other information can I find in my Gradebook?
Click Gradebook in the left-hand side navigation menu (9a). Important information about your assignments and their status will display. From the Gradebook tab, you can check the status of your assignments, how many times they’ve been submitted, your score, due date and submission date. The status of your assignment displays as either Submitted or New Feedback.
9b, 9c, 9d
If your assignment has been graded, you can view your instructor’s feedback by clicking the New Feedback link.
If your instructor has an additional comment about your assignment, view it by clicking the highlighted "S" under the Notes icon.
If your instructor has uploaded a document to your assignment, the red File icon will be highlighted. To view the file, click the icon.
10. How do I change my course calendar to an 8-week course?
Many of the online courses at Rio Salado College are offered as 8-week options, allowing you to accelerate your coursework. To choose the 8-week option for your class please follow the instructions posted here.
11. How do I confirm my contact information? How do I change it if it is incorrect?
To view your contact information, go to your Gradebook and click the Contact Information tab. You can review the information we have on file. If any information is incorrect or needs updated, you can change it in your Student Center at my.maricopa.edu.