Step 1: Get Admitted
Step 1: Get Admitted
Rio Salado College has an open admission policy. You can attend if you are a high school graduate, have a GED® or equivalency, and you are at least 18 years old. High school students of any age with parental and Admissions office permission can also attend Rio Salado.
To get admitted, please do the following:
- Explore the options available to you.
- Complete the application.
- Set up Duo two-factor authentication to access Maricopa student systems. Two-factor authentication is a required security measure to protect your account, and needs to be established by you (the student) using your MEID@maricopa.edu email address and phone number. Go to www.maricopa.edu/duo to learn how to get started and for more information on Duo security requirements.
- Provide proof of identification during the online application process. If you are unable to provide your ID via the admissions application, you can also submit it here once you have submitted your application.
- Submit your official transcripts for any previous college coursework to your college of interest’s Admissions, Records, and Registration office.
- Explore paying for college and understand your deadlines. If you will be paying for college using Federal Financial Aid, start the process.
Note: If you started your admissions application more than 48 hours ago, you will need to start a new application.
You may also contact the Admissions, Records, and Registration office at Rio. Each college may have alternative ways for you to complete and submit your admissions form (English version | Spanish version).
As you complete step one, we recommend you write down the following information on your Enrollment Steps guide:
- Student ID number
- Maricopa email address
Important reminder: Your Maricopa student email at google.maricopa.edu will be active as soon as you are admitted to a college. Be sure to use your MEID@maricopa.edu email address when setting up Duo authentication.
You can also Apply for Admission in Person
You can also choose to apply for admission in-person at Rio Salado College Tempe or Rio Salado Northern. Bring a printed copy of the Student Admissions Application (English version | Spanish version) to the Rio Salado College Admissions, Registration and Records department.
Tip: You can reserve your place in line at Admissions, Registration and Records using the QLess system. For information, see Save Your Place in Line on the Admissions, Registration and Records department page. Be sure to bring official transcripts of any high school and/or college credits along with you.