The Rio Salado College Educator Preparation Program offers several options for professional growth, including coursework for endorsements, certification deficiencies, and general professional growth.
Requests to Enroll forms should be used to request enrollment in coursework for:
- Endorsements (see pdfs of available programs below)
- Initial certification where student teaching is not required and has been confirmed by the Arizona Department of Education*
- Certification deficiencies where student teaching is not required and has been confirmed by the Arizona Department of Education*
- Personal professional growth (no evaluation needed as student will request coursework at their own risk)
Note the following regarding the Request to Enroll process:
- Financial aid is not available unless the applicant can obtain a letter from their employer indicating that the required coursework is mandatory for continued employment. The Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) must also be completed.
- All applicants are considered Unclassified and are not permitted to take student teaching coursework.
* It is highly recommended for any applicant seeking to complete deficiencies to apply with the Arizona Department of Education (ADE) to verify the specific coursework needed for certification. More information can be found at the ADE website under “applying for certificates”. Applicants who do not complete an evaluation with ADE are choosing to take coursework at their own risk and Rio Salado College cannot be held responsible if the incorrect course is completed.
Completing the Request to Enroll process:
- Obtain or update a Maricopa Education Identification (MEID), a Student ID, and residency verification.
- Wait 24 hours.
- Complete the Request to Enroll application