FAQs: Transferring


Some text as placeholder. In real life you can have the elements you have chosen. Like, text, images, lists, etc.

Frequently Asked Questions about Transferring

Rio Salado College makes it easy for you to start here and later transfer to a university. If the answer to your question is not found below, contact your academic advisor for more information. 

Frequently Asked Questions about Transferring

First, determine when you want to start at your intended university. Contact the Admissions Office early in the process to learn about the application requirements and deadlines, where transcripts should be sent, if any further testing is required or if letters of recommendation are needed. You do not need to completely finish your community college courses to apply.

The Maricopa Community College District's transfer policies help guide the admissions process regarding transcripts and prior learning.

Transfer Credit and Prior Learning Assessment Policy

Transcripts for Transfer

With all of our partnerships, the entire associate degree may transfer without loss of credit. Using agreements and transfer tools an academic advisor can tell you before you take a course whether it will transfer to Arizona's three state universities.

Even outside the partnerships, Rio Salado courses are likely to transfer. Rio Salado is a regionally accredited institution. Most coursework completed at a regionally accredited institution is transferable to another regionally accredited institution. Contact your future university to verify course transfer and how your courses will apply to your university program.

If you experience any issues with course transfer, contact your Rio Salado academic advisor or the Rio Salado Advisement Office.

You can submit your official transcripts for transfer credit evaluation (for program seekers only) directly from the issuing institution to:

Rio Salado College

Admissions, Records, & Registration/Transcript Processing

2323 W. 14th St.

Tempe, AZ 85281

Please visit our Admission, Records and Registration website for more information.

If you are a military student, please reach out to our Military Advisement and Veteran Services Team.