Step 3: Resumes and Cover Letters
Your resume and cover letter are an extension of your personal brand. Getting clear about your brand and targeting jobs with employers that align with your brand will help you write a competitive resume and cover letter.
If you don’t know what your personal brand is, or haven’t strengthened it yet, visit our Step 1: Personal Branding page for helpful resources. If you haven’t learned how to strategically search for jobs, check out our Step 2: Job Searching page to help you get started.
Resume and Cover Letter Tips
- How Employers Review Resumes: Secrets for Standing Out
- Avoiding Resume Pitfalls - Rio News blog post
- Should you use a chronological or a functional resume?
- Writing a cover letter, Rio News blog post
- Free Chronological Resume Template
- Click here to access our free Google Doc template that is easy to download and edit
- Free Cover Letter Templates
- Click here to access two free cover letter templates that are easy to download and edit
We are available to review your resume and provide feedback. Please use the resources above to improve your resume/cover letter before requesting a review, as this will allow us to provide detailed suggestions.
- Attach and email a copy to: email@example.com
- State if you are currently or were previously enrolled at Rio Salado College
- State any concerns you may have about your resume
- State the type of job you are seeking (if you know it)
Ask The Experts
Learn how to create a competitive resume and cover letter one step at a time during our FREE interactive Resume and Cover Letter presentation as part of our 4 Steps to a Meaningful New Career workshop series.