Maricopa Emergency Management System Alert

UPDATE:  Online courses continue as scheduled. Remote student services remain available. Some in-person student services are available by appointment only. Check here for the latest service hours and for additional updates.

Important Documents and Forms

Admissions, Registration and Records

  • Arizona Out-of-County Residence Affidavit (PDF)
    Maricopa Community Colleges and other established districts in the state may admit students from any area of this state that is not a part of an established community college district on the same conditions as residents.
  • Declaration of No Degree Form (PDF)
    This document is used when, in the Admissions Application, students accidentally select they currently have a degree and would like their record to show they do not have a previous degree. Please note: this document must be notarized, and previous transcripts may be required to verify information.
  • High School GPA Submission (Dynamic Form)
    The Maricopa Community Colleges utilize two processes for determining college course placement for students with submission of a qualifying high school GPA as the primary process and placement testing as the secondary process. Students with a high school cumulative, unweighted GPA of 2.60 or higher and who have completed at least two years of high school or who have graduated from high school no more than 10 years ago may submit an unofficial high school transcript using the link above. The high school GPA will be entered on the student's record and can be used for course placement in accordance with the MCCCD Course Placement Chart.
  • Lawful Presence
    All students living in Arizona must provide proof of lawful presence in the United States for tuition purposes. Lawful presence is established by completing a Student Declaration Form and submitting appropriate documentation. All students who will be disbursed financial aid or request a refund of tuition will be required to validate identification through this same process.
  • Prerequisite Verification Form for Students Residing in Arizona 
    Prerequisite Verification Form for Students Residing Outside Arizona  
    Individuals who have successfully completed courses at other U.S. regionally accredited universities and colleges and/or ACE evaluated programs and credits who would like to enroll in a Rio Salado class which requires a prerequisite must request an evaluation of these courses.
  • Teacher Waiver
    An individual may be eligible for an exemption of non-resident tuition for approved courses if such a person is an employee of a school district in AZ and is under contract to teach on a full-time basis or employed as a full-time, non-certified classroom aide at a school within that school district. Complete this form (PDF) and, then submit the form along with required supporting documents by clicking here (Dynamic Form).
  • MCCCD Domicile Affidavit
    A one-year residency requirement is enforced in order for a student to be classified as an in-state student for tuition purposes. There are two forms to choose from: Independent StudentDependent Student (dependents of parent or spouse) or Veteran Students.
  • Student Information Form (PDF)
    Want to become a student? Fill out this form. No application fees.
  • Western Undergraduate Exchange Program (150% of Arizona in-state tuition)
    Students who are residents of a WUE state (Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands) are eligible to apply.


  • FERPA & College Records
    The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords students certain rights with respect to their education records. Rio Salado College complies with these requirements.
    To authorize the release of your educational records please click here (Dynamic Form) to complete the FERPA Information Release Authorization form. Please allow 3-5 business days for processing. 
  • Registration by Proxy
    Students who are unable to register themselves during a semester may have another person perform enrollment actions (add, drop, and withdraw from classes) on their behalf by designating a proxy. To designate a proxy, please click here to complete the Registration by Proxy form. Please allow 3-5 business days for processing.
  • Petition for Semester Overload
    Students who wish to take courses above the semester limit of 18 credits in fall or spring, 12 credits in summer must submit this form. Courses within the term include those which are graded and withdrawn.
  • Refund Exception
    Students who wish to obtain a tuition refund or to re-enroll into a class without repaying after the drop deadline will need to complete the Refund Exception form and include documentation to validate the reason for the exception.
  • Request for Complete Withdrawal from all Courses (Dynamic Form)
    Students who wish to withdraw from all courses for the remainder of the semester need to file this form along with qualifying documentation.
  • Student Information Correction Request
    Complete this form to request a name and/or address correction. For legal name changes you must upload documentation or a scanned image of government Photo ID with the new name. Address and contact info can also be corrected via the Student Center at
  • Transcript Requests
    Unofficial transcripts, or transcripts sent within the Maricopa County Community College District, are free of charge. Official transcripts are $5 each.
  • Verification/Certification Request
    Request verification for dates of attendance, major, GPA and registration status.
  • Repeated Course Petition Form (Dynamic Form)
    Students who wish to improve a previously earned grade may repeat a course within the Maricopa Community Colleges up to three times after the initial attempt. Use this form to request that the higher grade earned on the repeated course be used toward calculation of your grade point average.

If you have any questions about the records forms above, please email us at

Financial Aid