Before You Register - Please read
Online learning is a great option for many students, but it's not for everyone. It's a good idea to evaluate your ability to succeed as an online student before you register for classes. This page is a good place to start.
What it Takes to do Online Right
You need to have very basic computer skills to navigate websites, send email attachments and access course materials. You also need to be organized and self-motivated to do well in an online class.
Effective online learners tend to share certain traits. They:
- Take ownership of their learning experience
- Ask their instructor or tutor for help when they need it
- Manage their time to meet assignment deadlines
- Do not fear unfamiliar technology or software
- Communicate well in writing
- Prefer independent learning
About Online Classes
- Require that you have dependable access to the internet
- May require access to a television or streaming digital media, for example
- Cover the same material found in traditional classes
- May be less structured than a typical in-person class
- Are not fundamentally easier
Try Us Out!
Experience what it’s like to take an online class through Rio Salado
If you still aren't sure if online learning is right for you, talk to an advisor. Rio Salado academic advisors can help answer any questions you may have.