When you're pursuing a degree or certificate at Rio Salado college, you will have an assigned academic advisor who specializes in your field of interest. Your advisor will be your main point of contact for selecting the academic program and courses to meet your goals.
Your Advisor’s Role
Throughout your Rio College experience, your assigned advisor can:
- Help you select the right courses to meet your program requirements.
- Refer you to college resources such as tutoring, financial aid, library services, etc.
- Discuss any prior college/university credits earned and how they fit into your current goals.
- Review appropriate university transfer options with you.
- Help you set reasonable goals each semester.
- Answer any questions you have.
Get Started on Your Guided Journey
Within 24 hours after your admission to the college, you will be assigned to an academic advisor by your field of interest.
- Log in to RioLearn.
- Click the RioCompass icon at the top of the page.
- Your assigned academic advisor displays under My Success Team.
- Contact information for your assigned advisor displays and you can schedule an appointment with your advisor.
You may reach out to your advisor through email or by phone. You can also contact your advisor to set up a phone or Zoom appointment.
Prior College or University Credit
If you have successfully completed courses at other U.S. regionally accredited universities and colleges and/or ACE evaluated programs and would like to either enroll in a Rio Salado class that requires a prerequisite or see how prior credits will transfer and apply to your program click on one of the links below.
College Credit for Prior Learning
Learning acquired through, for example, work experience, independent study and non-credit courses can be evaluated for possible college credit.
Transfer to a University
Rio Salado credits seamlessly transfer to many colleges and universities throughout the U.S.